The Basics of Becoming a Golf Teaching Pro
Advanced Golf Instruction Courses
- The Apprentice program
- A PGA-certified university level Golf Management program
- For women only, the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Test-Out option
What You Need to Start Teaching Golf, Once Certified
- Equipment – To get started you’ll certainly need your own clubs, and maybe some spares, plenty of golf balls, excellent cleats, and a good carry bag.
- Customers – It will take time to build a customer base. Think of where you want to work; with high school students, at the local country club, college level sport?
- Golf instructor’s insurance coverage – As golf is a physical sport, you’ll need liability insurance to keep your customers covered. Also, many golf courses and putting grounds will require you to carry insurance in order to use their facilities.
- Drive – Once you’ve gotten certified as a golf teaching professional, the game’s just begun. You need to stay fit, keep up with developments in the sport, and continue improving your own game.